Permanent residence permit

After 5 years in the United Kingdom you can apply for “a permanent residence permit”.

In order to do this you only have to prove that you are an “eligible person” – see preceding section.

You will have to complete the EEA (PR) – European Economic Area (Permanent Residence) form and send it to the address provided on the form.

NOTE: When you send the form you should also send the money for the fee and copies of the documents required.

ATTENTION TO BREXIT! The permits will not be valid after the exit of the United Kingdom from the EU. At that time there will be in place a new procedure for acquiring a permanent residence permit.

For more:

  • Information on BREXIT

  • Information on exceptional cases

  • Information for non-European Union citizens

Consult section 6 for the contact information available there.